Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool oven is overheating. We set it for 275 or 350 and…

Customer Question
Whirlpool oven is overheating...

Whirlpool oven is overheating. We set it for 275 or 350 and it just keeps heating. Yesterday it got up to 500+ Degress F inside with the temp set at 275.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Oven is approximately 8 years old. Looking up model #

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can-- otherwise will call for professional assistance.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Whirlpool Model RBS305PVB02

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your oven. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

I'm sure this is frustrating. There are going to be 2 things that would potentially cause this issue. The first thing I would do is check the oven sensor. You should ge 1075 ohms at room temperature. If it is more than 10% off, then I would replace it. More likely however, you have a fused relay on your control board. This is something that would necessitate replacement of the board. I will give you sources for both of these in case you need them. Here is the sensor. Here is the board. Good luck with this!

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.