Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our tappan 110 gas stove has an electric clock on it. We can…

Customer Question
Our tappan 110 gas...

Our tappan 110 gas stove has an electric clock on it. We can set the time of day but it stops and starts beeping every 5 or 6 seconds. Then we have to reset the time -- and our problem starts all over. How do we set this clock so that it stays on and does not beep at us?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Tappan is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I think that the stove is about ten years old. The stove says that the model is a 110 printed on the top of the stove display.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The clock has a red digital display for the clock.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When that happens that is a hardware failure on the clock control, First try to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition if not the clock would have to be sent in for repair as they do not make them anymore for the Tappan units. You could send it off to APPLIANCETIMERS.COM for repair.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.