Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a fisher paykel stove is a fiver burner with a large…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a fisher paykel stove is a fiver burner with a large oven and small oven the knob for the large oven is stuck in the on position

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Fisher & Paykel is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its is a ra6fp about six years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just want to try and turn it off

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Get a can of plastic safe contact cleaner and spray behind the knob (remove the knob first). Will it free up the shaft to allow it to turn?