Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My gas self cleaning stove is locked on top oven. how do i…

Customer Question
My gas self cleaning...

My gas self cleaning stove is locked on top oven. how do i clear it?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

New, we've had it 1 year. 2 oven gas with 5 burners

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It says to press and hold start time, it will cancel. but the lock is out and cant shut.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cleaned upper oven and was going to clean lower, then i opened upper bto look in.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.

All I ask is that you rate my help as positive for JA before you log off using the Rating System with 3-5 Stars. If you should still need help , rating will lock you in at no additional cost should you need it.

Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.

Just so I understand, the door on the oven will not close because the lock latch is extended, preventing the door from closing all the way?

May I ask that you provide me the correct model and serial number off the label on your machine? On refrigerators look on the wall in the food section. On ranges look down by the drawer by the leg.

Thanks

Don

Thanks

It is 5 burner,2 oven gas stove. Do not know where my book is. Where do I find model and type info?? Just says 10 year limited parts warranty.
it is only about 2 years old,
this is no help at all.
not worth 5$ charge. sorry.
it is still locked .door is still open, OH HAPPY EASTER!!

I am sorry about not seeing your reply last night. I waited for 20 min for your reply and I thought you went offline. Did you still want to try some suggestions to get the door open.

Just in case you come back and I don't see you reply, try this procedure and see if the door will shut.

1. Set the oven to CLEAN , time does not matter

2. locate the light switch on the door frame of the oven that is stuck open

3. Press and HOLD the light button in and press START button to initiate the clean cycle

4. wait for about a minute with the light button still depressed , THEN press the CANCEL button to cancel the clean process. Watch the door latch and see if latch motor engages to retract the latch.

Let me know if that worked

Don