Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchen aide KSSC48QVS02 side x side. The ice bin…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a kitchen...
Hello, I have a kitchen aide KSSC48QVS02 side x side. The ice bin keeps freezing into a block of ice (from the bottom up. I believe it is a chute problem letting in warm air. Is this something I can repair myself?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.

All I ask is that you rate my help as positive for JA before you log off using the Rating System with 3-5 Stars. If you should still need help , rating will lock you in at no additional cost should you need it.

Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.

Thanks

Request:

If you open the freezer door shine a flash light up from the dispenser side and look down the chute to the dispenser. Do you see light coming through the door?

Let me know

Don