Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a problem with my Maytag bravos mct with steam. My…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with my Maytag bravos mct with steam. My clothes won’t dry and my lint is building up on dryer door and in back of filter around front of dryer. I have cleaned my dryer vent and it still does the same thing. Two days ago when I used the dryer and took out clothes, sonething smelt burned. What is my problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Think I purchased in 2010. Bravos MCT Maytag commercial technology with steam.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Is it better to call? Does this feature cost more?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It’s been over one hour! It said 30 minutes less.
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 25 days ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. Can you feel it putting of any heat in the first 5 min. if you open the door

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
heat is on but still lint is on top of plastic filter top. It collects on that entire rail and half way around on the inside of door. Around metal part by rubber gasket. Possibility of calling?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Does it cost more to talk to you? I waited a hour and a half just for the first answer. If it does, I can’t as I have a very ill 31yr daughter. Have to watch my budget. Thx. Let me know

you have a blocked vent. maybe your dryer is pushed back to far and it kinked the line.. does it vent straight outside or does it go up a wall and out of the attic??

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Goes straight outside. I already took vent off ahd vacuumed the back too. Also vacuumed into the front vent. I made a nozzle to go into front vent.

when the dryer is running could you go outside and feel a lot of air coming out of the vent?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Air is fully going. I just noticed sonething. My dryer has a water leak coming from underneath I guess. Is this for the steam? Could I just disconnect the hose? Also when I told u about the lint going half way on the bottom of door n on top of plastic dryer vent the lint is moist.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Sorry for delay but I misplaced my device.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Have a question. In order to speak to u I have to pay an additional 24.00? Or is it included in the price I’m paying?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The water leak is bottom right corner or about there.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Small kind leak

you have a major issue. you may have a shorted out computer board from the moisture

you may need to get a service company to come out

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Am I able to disconnect the water hose from behind the dryer? Will this stop it? I don’t use this feature.

i would try that for sure to see if it works.. those steamers never work well anyway

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok will go right now.

ok let me know how it works out

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I disconnected the hose from dryer n connected washer hose to wall. I took out back foil vent again and found lint that was wet. I vacuumed again. I just turned back on. The dryer was on about 20 minutes. I started again. I’ll message you as soon as I’m finished helping my disabled 31yr old daughter. About 20-30 minutes.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I’m praying to God that this finally works. We leave for California soon as my daughter needs better treatment for lupus and epilepsy. Will have my niece watching our house.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Have another question. Trying to figure out how to take off the door clip to shut door. Noticed it’s shaking a lot and when closed my door is slightly not closed well. I’m trying to take the other female clip off so I can trade it but won’t come off by putting screwdriver and lifting off. Please give me instructions to take off. Sorry took longer but had to help daughter off wheelchair into bed.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Noticed that I have some lint on my filter. Cleaned it and going to run again as the lint on top of filter and around door is less. This is when I noticed that door has a lot of play.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I ran dryer again and the lint is more now on the filter. It took me a total of three times at normal to dry clothes. Now I put another load in dryer and would like to see more lint on the filter. Still need instructions on how to remove female clip for door. There’s another clip on other side of door that hasn’t been used. Please advise. I’m thinking after that is fixed, I should have better drying results. Need instructions to take out that clip please. My name is*****
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hello are you there?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
About 5:37 was your last answer. Are you there? Please let me know. Thx.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
6:16p I messaged Ray regarding my dryer and I sent more messages all the way till 8:55p and no response. He didn’t answer my messages. His last response was at 5:38p. Please explain.
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 21 days ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I still need help as problem and answers hasn’t fixed my dryer. Please respond. Thanks. Aloha.
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Am I going to be charged again for the same problem? I don’t think I should be charged again as problem was never taken care of.
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Please read my text from 6:16p on 3/31. Text were never answered.
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 14 days ago

ok ​so if the dryer is leaking water more then likely that means you have a bad water valve. I see you have disconnected the water hose are you no longer wanting to use the steamer? Also have you tried taking the back off the dryer to inspect it to see if there is built up lint in the unit? All the lint will need to be cleaned out. Also is the control board working? Allowing you to select cycles start cycles and what not?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
it’s ok if steamer doesn’t work. I like it but it’s ok. I’ll iron. Lol. The control board is working. I haven’t taken off the back panel but will do this. The water is leaking at the front right corner on the bottom of dryer. It’s only leaking when dryer is on. It also makes the lint moist and lint is catching on door around the bottom and on top of lint filter. Wish my husband was here to help. (He passed). I have to run two cycles to dry laundry. Depending on load sometimes two and a half times. I looked online too and saw that it maybe the thermal valve (think this is what it was called) or thermostat valve or something like that. (Sorry I have a concussion and I can’t remember that well). Think it was white and had two white valve made out of plastic that had two plug ins at the bottom of item. I’ll do the panel and let you know. It’s 7:30p, and I have a disabled adult daughter. Will try to do tonight after I get her into bed. If not, will do for sure early morning. You didn’t answer regarding charges. Please reply to this too. Thank you very much for your response.
PS: I’ve told my neighbor about just answer as they are having a problem with their dryer too that doesn’t heat. Said they’re going to do this.
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Also I noticed that my clip on my door of dryer is loose. Was trying to take off but seems it’s stuck. I have a new one on the other side of door that I can use but would have to take off too. I’ve been using a 2x4 to wedge door shut and it’s right. I’m using a board on top of door and on bottom of door. Thought this could be the problem but the clothes are still damp. I would like to use the new one on other side but please explain how to take it off. It seems like I’m going to bend it when using a screwdriver or long nose pliers. Thank you again. I greatly appreciate all the advise.
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
It’s almost 9pm. R u there?
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 13 days ago

so to answer the question via about the charges you are not charged any more then what you have already on your just answer account to work with me. If that is what your asking. IF you happen to accept the phone call request they will charge you for that but I am not available for a phone call. The part you are referring to I believe is your water inlet valve. Either way in order to assist you with the clip on the door I am going to need to need the model number of your unit which is located on the inside of the door area. Can you get that for me.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Ok will do. I’ll go look ASAP. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
MOD -MED8850WQ0. Serial - M03026837??type- DSLA-ELE-2406028-EL54. I know you said model number but wanted to send serial n type too just Incase you may need it. I’m in process of taking off panel from back. Tech said to take off n check. Will advise you as soon as it’s done. Thanks. Aloha.
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Sorry but my adult daughter had a seizure so I needed to help her. I’m now in process of taking off back panel.

You are fine take all the time you need. I hope your daughter is ok.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
The serial number I sent is incorrect. Please disregard two question marks after number. Sorry my error. She’s sleeping maybe for next four hours. Thanks for asking.

Once you get the back off please let me know what you find back there.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Sorry but I haven’t done it yet. My daughter was having a lot of seizures and I’ve been taking care of her. I’ll do it soon.

You are completely fine. I just didn't want you to be waiting on me is all. You take care of your daughter. I am here when you are ready.

Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 days ago

Just checking in with you. I hope you and your daughter are in good health. Were you able to get this issue resolved yet?

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
I’m sorry but I did start but had to take my daughter to er, lupus is making more seizures. Will try to accomplish this easy step sometime this afternoon I hope.
Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Thank you for checking with me.
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 days ago

You are totally fine. My mother in law has been in the hospital this past week as well. Sorry to hear your daughter has to deal with having Lupus. I know that has to be hard on you all. Prayers for your family.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman