Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ihave a kitchenaid micro. Stop working. Replaced fuse.

Customer Question
Hi Ihave a kitchenaid...

Hi Ihave a kitchenaid micro. Stop working. Replaced fuse. Worked for clock. Tried to cook, but blew fuse again.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

KCMS1555SSS about 7 yrs.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If repairable

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It blew when my wife was cooking beacon. I thought it overheated.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.

All I ask is that you rate my help as positive for JA before you log off using the Rating System with 3-5 Stars. If you should still need help , rating will lock you in at no additional cost should you need it.

Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.

Thanks

When you replaced the fuse and tried to start it up, do you get a loud humming sound for a couple of seconds before the fuse blows?

That usually indicates you have a shorted out magnetron tube.

It is a rather complicated job as it will require you to get pretty deep into the inside of the microwave.

If you would rather have a tech come out and do it for you, it would be around 275 dollars.

Here is a video just to give you an idea, showing you how to access the diode. You will need to take your unit down from the cabinet to access the mag tube.

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today with your problem.

Just Answers asks that you operate on the honor system for technician ratings. and this is how I make my living. May I ask that you please take a moment to rate my service positive for JA by selecting a Rating Star (3-5) on the top or bottom your screen before you leave today.

Even though you paid JA or Pearl to ask your question, they will not pay me until you have given a positive rating for my help.

If you want me to be able to come back and help you at a later date or time, you will need to rate my help today before logging off.

Once you rate my help you will be "locked in" so you can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge if you still need assistance.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don

Did you have any other questions on your micro or are we good?

Don