Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The screen says controll locked. We can't do anything with…

Customer Question
The screen says controll...

The screen says controll locked

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We can't do anything with the microwave because the screen says "control locked"

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

We,ve been here for over 5 1/2 years so that's it's age. It's marked GE Profile outside and inside it's Camco Inc.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That depends on what is necessary - yes if I can push a button and get a result. I have pushed all the buttons and the message reappears every time

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so - this just happened yesterday and we've never seen it before. Is there a button on the front that will release this?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is around the oven opening or on the inside of the cavity.