Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a 3-4 month old General Electric dishwasher that…

Customer Question
We have a 3-4...

We have a 3-4 month old General Electric dishwasher that will not start.. there is power but when I go push the start button it just makes a beeping sound

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

General Electric. GDF520PGJ5BB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

You mentioned diagnostic test.. I am a lay person so unless there is a way I can do that myself then no

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I don’t think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. Try turning the power off from the breaker for about ten minutes then retry it.. If that doesn't clear it up it is still under a manufacture warranty for a year,, I would then call the place you purchased it from so a repair company can com out to do the repairs and it will not cost you anything.. let me know how it works after to power it off.. thanks

hello. did it work?