Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag mfi2568aes, had voltage board checked good,

Customer Question
Maytag mfi2568aes, had hi...

Maytag mfi2568aes, had hi voltage board checked good, icedispensor door keeps flapping

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

See above

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yup

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to remove inside of door behind ice/water ispensor

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common problem.

May I please have your serial, too, number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

10521682JE. also, hv board was replaced several years ago, i ordered a refurbished board, no change, they sent another one, no change, i sent mine to be checked, still have problem....... the unit runs fine, no front panel issues... running 0302 code
thanks, ***** ***** want to call (###) ###-####

The problem is the refurbished boards, you need to install a new board. The original boards have issues and when they "refurbish" them, they typically only replace the relays. The flapping dispenser is very common and is the result of the HV board on the back failing. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The new control you need is available at the link below.

CLICK HERE

There is actually a Service Bulletin for this issue. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

See the attached Service Bulletin.

Kelly, The front control board is fine, there are no problems with it, your telling me that 2 refurbished boards are bad AND i sent the one that had been running in TO A DIFFERENT vendor, ran on the test equipment fine.

Yes, it happens all the time on refurbished boards. If you would like a different opinion, I am happy to opt out for others to be alerted.