Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My samsung side by side refrigerator not getting cool

Customer Question
My samsung side by...

My samsung side by side refrigerator not getting cool altime.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I mean some times it shows in my thermometer in good temprature.othewise it is in 7 or 8 degree celcius

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope like its a problem of temprature setting.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The model no is RS263TDRS/XAC

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, thanks for using JA. I'm Gavin one of the experts. Thanks for the model details, can you tell me if there have been any loder than normal noises recently coming from the fridge side

No .

If you remove the crisper drawers is the back panel cold? Are there any signs of frost or ice build up on the panel?

There is no ice on the panel.
there is no ice on the fan which is inside.

Have you removed the panel and checked behind it already?

Okay. Is there anything else you've already checked? Also the thermometer you are reading the temperature on is that a separate thermometer that you have just put in to monitor the temp?

that thermometer i bought from store to monitor because i felt like not cooling well
Sometimes the reading shows 1 or 2 °c

What do you have the temperature set to?

You mean on the fridge...?

Yes please

Thanks. There will always be some variation in the temperature due to the way the fridge works. I'd normally have the setting on 4 bars on your model. There's a couple of things that you should do firstly remove the lower cover below the two doors and hoover it all out a blockage in the airflow to the compressor will effect the temperature. Also remove the lower panel at the back and hoover out in there. If this makes no difference you will need to replace the sensors on the evaporator behind the panel you removed. I've attached a link to the part you will need to order to get the sensors if you need them

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/DA96-00681A/0046/401.html?modelNumber=RS263TDRS/XAA&categoryName=Side-by-Side%20Refrigerator&brandName=SAMSUNG

You mean only the sensor on the evaporator panel .

Yeh, I can't find it listed on its own though. Looks as though it comes as a complete evaporator and you'd have to remove it from the new evaporator and fit it to the fridge

Ok

Let me know if you need anymore help

Please remember to click on the stars to rate my help today

Thanks

Gavin

Hi, just seeing if you need any more help with this. If not please remember to click the stars and rate my answer.

Many Thanks

Gavin