Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The dishwasher has always worked perfectly, but today the…

Customer Question
The dishwasher has always...

The dishwasher has always worked perfectly, but today the "control lock" light came on and the dishwasher cannot be programmed to start.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kitchenaid model W10502126A Don't understand diagnostic test

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to if it is simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, we bought this house two years ago and house and appliances were about 2-3 years old

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number of the dishwasher please. It will be on the data tag on the side of the door as you open it.

The only number is ***** the top, W10502126A

Ok i think ive found the model you have.

If you open the door and look at the row of buttons and on the right is the control lock button.

Press and hold this button for about 7 seconds and it should turn the lock light off from there and allow you to use it as normal.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks