Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The spin cycle is really slow. We are trying to spin the…

Customer Question
The spin cycle is...

The spin cycle is really slow. We are trying to spin the water out of the washer and it is too slow. I have it on Drain/Spin and the spin speed selected is Extra High. We are trying to spin a washable pillow and it is too slow to get the water out.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Front loading. I found the manual for the Dryer (Epic) but I can't locate the manual for the washer. We bought the house with the Washer and Dryer. I would guess it is probably ten years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Good lord NO. Are you just going to recommend we get a service tech. to look at it?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was just hoping there was some other selection I should make.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Do you have just the one pillow in it trying to spin it out?

But I took the pillow and it doesn’t spin any faster.

Is all of the water drained out of the tub?

I think so. It stops periodically to drain some of the water out.

Get 6-8 bath towels and wet them in the sink. Place them in the tub and see if it will then spin.