Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag electric range model # CRE9300BCW. Oven will not heat…

Customer Question
Maytag electric range model...

Maytag electric range model # CRE9300BCW. Oven will not heat up. Alarm code on pad w/beep, is -F5-

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Again, model #CRE9300BCW. Ser # 10811253KY. Age close to 20 yrs old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Y

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have more than a basic knowledge in repair

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F5 error means the oven temperature sensor has failed and will need to be replaced. The replacement sensor is listed below

Range Oven Temperature Sensor

Part #: 7430P010-60 - click here for part info at sears

The sensor is the probe you see protruding out of the back wall of the oven, remove the screws holding in place pull it forward unplug it from the wiring harness and install the new one.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.