Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Where is the diode located in microwave oven model number…

Customer Question
Where is the diode...

Where is the diode located in microwave oven model number mh2155xpq3

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool #mh2155xpq3, approximatleyn 13 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We cannot find the location of the diode even with the front panel off

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The Diode is on the high voltage capacitor.

It goes from one side of the capacitor to metal casing to ground.

If you have the outer casing off look on the side and there you should see the high voltage capacitor.

You will see the diode there.

Are you going to call?
Daniel, when can you call?
What does the high voltage capacitor look like
we need help and have paid

Im afraid im unable to do the phone request. But i can talk you through this online.

Click here to see what the capacitor looks like

Click here to see what the diode looks like

I take it you know you must discharge the high voltage capacitor before touching anything at all in there as they can store upto 4500v even when its unplugged.

you have already charged my account $24 for the phone call you haven't delivered. I want a REFUND NOW!!!! Why can't you call?

If you want the phone request then i will opt out now.

I am EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED with your service! It's as if you're not even trying. I want a FULL refund of my $29. Daniel, why did you bow out of helping me so easily?
We are stopping all payments with her bank
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

I can help you if you are still needing help. I have detailed information I can send you.

Kelly, I have already paid $29 and have not received a phone call or adequate response to help me. Please either call me or refund my money, all of it.

I totally understand and can send you all the information you need. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Thank you. We cannot find the diode in our microwave. Model # MH2155xpq3

The microwave needs to be removed from the wall and the outer cover removed to access those parts. Do you have the cover taken off?

it is NECESSARY to take the microwave off the wall?
We have the front cover off where all the number buttons are, we cannot find the diode. So we have to take the entire microwave off the wall, correct?

Yes, it has to come off the wall and the outer cover removed.

Ok thank you! When will my refund of $25 be processed since I never received a phone call? The other tech just passed us on to you WITHOUT HELPING!

I will send it in right away but they probably won't get it processed until Monday with it being Easter weekend. Please know I am here if you have questions once you get the cover off! Happy Easter!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!