Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigator freezes everything. Almost since I bought it…

Customer Question
My refrigator freezes everything ...

My refrigator freezes everything

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Almost since I bought it cant find anywhere to adjust

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Drawers have 1--4

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
freezes veggies and other things not in the drawers
Appliance Technician: RJ, Appliance Tech. replied 3 months ago
RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I see no other experts have responded, part of the problem might be there is NO make or model number listed for the fridge, if you can get me that info I may be able to assist you.

Thanks, Robert

whirlpool model ky4469808

OK

I am not familiar with that model number. I am going to step out of the question so another expert can assist you, I do not know when another expert will respond, they come and go daily, now that your make and model is posted hopeful you will get a quick response.

Thanks... Robert

Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. That is a number that is not correct.. could you please look inside the fridge to get it? thanks

you probably are a defrost issue. The heater, thermostat or sensor is bad

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the fresh food section door the model /serial tag is on the interior wall near the top and KY4469808 is NOT a model number.

G15FVAXQ01 model no

Ok So the unit freezes everything in the fresh food section !

What setting do you have the fresh food section set on?

And Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?