Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The door is jammed closed on my 24" clothes washer

Customer Question
The door is jammed...

The door is jammed closed on my 24" clothes washer WCVH4800K2WW. Is there a way to release it?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its model WCVH4800K2WW serial # TH202777G..4 months old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The latch moves, but will not release the door

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Any idea would be welcome
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you remove the top from the machine, there is a manual release on the lock assembly. See the picture at the link below. You can reach down from above to pull the little tab on the lower RH side in that picture.

CLICK HERE