Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchen Aid stand alone Ice maker that is not

Customer Question
Hi John , I have a...
Hi John ,
I have a Kitchen Aid stand alone Ice maker that is not working. The model number is *****
The power light is lit blue , the clean light is yellow. I know there is a series of buttons to hit that will diagnose the problem but I can’t seem to find them. Can u help? Thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
No I had no response yet
I still need assistants
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service.

My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out with your icemaker.

I think for now, the best way to go would be to see if I can find the tech sheet for your machine.

That will have the info you need to test the components in the machine and hopefully diagnose what part(s) is failing.

Is this what you want to do or are you looking for more personal help?

Let me know

Don

There is a series of buttons to hit to try to diagnose the problem and I can’t find them . They are not in the manual. I took the ice maker apart and cleaned out the whole thing . When I turn it on the Resouvour fills with water , no service light comes on . When I leave it sit to try to make ice it just stays idol . When I stick my hand in the machine it feels slightly chilled . But far from cold.

Let me see if I can find some tech info for you.

click here for tech sheet

It looks like it has the info you were looking for.

I have to go to work right now, so I may not be able to respond until I get home this evening.

Run through the tests and let me know what you find.

If this is all the help you need, may I ask that you rate my help as positive using the Star Rating SYstem for JA, before you log off today.

Otherwise, leave your reply and I will get back to you as soon as possible,

Don

No that did not help.i had a problem with the machine 2 years ago and the company had me go through a series of pushing buttons and if the lights flashed a certain way then that would be an indication on what was wrong with the machine.
I need to know that info so hopefully the problem can be diagnosed. Unless you would be able to diagnose the issue without that info.

Did you look at the tech sheet I sent to you??

What buttons did you press to enter the diagnostic mode as explained in the info I linked to you?

The tech sheet you sent me is so faint I can’t read it?

Here is a screen shots of the page, its a little bigger

click here #1

click here #2

Ok as soon as the test mode goes on it shuts off on the first test. Does this mean it’s the Bin thermistor ?
Ok but I have 4 blinks on the service button? The sheet doesn’t say anything about 4??

4 blinks on the service LED is for the ice thickness 4 is normal 2 is thin 6 is thick

I just did a automatic test and it shut off on the evaporator thermistor

Put the machine back into diagnostic mode and do the manual NOT automatic test. You can start at 1 and step through each test. Use the SERVICE button to advance 1 step at a time. Look at your chart for what lights should be on or flashing and compare it to your display.

I would be looking at interval 7 and see if the cooling plate gets frosted over and your finger will stick to it.

The unit never even gets cold?

put in interval 7 and check to see if your light match the tech guide. If it does then you need to get around the back and check to see if you are getting voltage to the compressor, it should be running.

If the condenser fan is on the compressor should be running also

K
I’m thinking it’s the compressor

Is the condenser fan running?

The fan was on through the first couple of tests and then it went off when the compressor tried to kick in.

You may have a problem with the compressor if it starts and then stops. If you have a multi meter you can do a quick test on the compressor. Do you have one?

Measure the resistance from the center terminal to each of the side terminals write the number down and then measure across the two out side terminal and it should come close to the other two reading added together.

If it comes out, then I would order a new relay. Part # W10136197

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today with your problem.

Just Answers asks that you operate on the honor system for technician ratings. and this is how I make my living. May I ask that you please take a moment to rate my service positive for JA by selecting a Rating Star (3-5) on the top or bottom your screen before you leave today.

Even though you paid JA or Pearl to ask your question, they will not pay me until you have given a positive rating for my help.

If you want me to be able to come back and help you at a later date or time, you will need to rate my help today before logging off.

If you feel I gave you better service, a Bonus is appreciated but never required.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don

Did you have any other question for me or are we good?

I think I’m good. Thanks

Were you satisfied with my help?