Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE side by side gsh25js freezer and frig warm, compressor…

Customer Question
GE side by side...

GE side by side gsh25js freezer and frig warm, compressor and fans running, coil is clear. Condenser clear fan running

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 13 years model gsh25jsrfs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, Im a refrigeration tech

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Mother board was replaced 9 years ago, all else seems normal.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the compressor is running, then your control board is working and so are the thermostats. Unfortunately that means that you have a freon leak or an inefficient compressor. There isn't anything else that would cause both freezer and refrigerator to warm up if the compressor is running. You'd need to check the low side freon pressure and if it's below 0psi, you have a freon leak. If it's above 0psi, you have an inefficient compressor. The cost of replacing the compressor would be about $650 typically if you hired someone, and a freon leak is about $350 to have repaired. That's if you hired someone to repair the unit for you.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.