Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Jenn Air oven. The power went out and how it won't…

Customer Question
We have a Jenn...

We have a Jenn Air oven. The power went out and how it won't turn on at all.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I'm not sure of the model. The unit is about 14 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm not sure I can. Is it an easy fix of resetting it?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's a built in upper and lower oven.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the oven is totally dead either you have a power issue to the unit itself or possibly there is a thermal fuse out to the board, I need the complete model number off the machine to check and see.

It is a Jenn-Air 30" Electric Wall Oven - I'm not sure where to find the model No.
It might be 8101P482-60
The power went out and now the oven won't turn on at all. There are no lights - it looks totally dead.

You would likley have a power issue to the unit the model is on a tag on the frame when you open the door on the older units there typically are not any fuses in line with the clock, if th elights do not come on when you open the doors I would say you have a power issue not a issue with the oven.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The light does not come on. The model number is *****
Is there a way to unplug and reset it from the oven? We tried outside at the fuse box, but nothing happened still.

The unit is hardwired to a junction box you would have to pull it out and check the power to that.

Thank you.

No Problem...All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.