Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 8 year old Whirlpool top loading washing machine has

Customer Question
My 8 year old...

My 8 year old Whirlpool top loading washing machine has gradually begun leaving small amount of water in the bottom of the spin tub after each wash. I suspect a faulty fill valve is leaking by.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8 years old, mod. wtw5300vw2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, too tired & disabled vet.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, only the residual water. if more than $176 to repair would opt to replace. would be different when I did my own work (marine engineer)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does it fill in between washings or just not draining out well?

Appears to drain, then slowly (dripping) to accumulate small amount of water; probably very low drip rate.
no call, just best guess

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

If it pumps out good and fills slowly after, the valve is indeed seeping. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!