Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to get decor oven latch to retract so I close the…

Customer Question
Trying to get decor...

Trying to get decor oven latch to retract so I close the oven door all the way

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Decor 13 years old Don’t see model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes Have front grill off and see latch assembly

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
MORS 130S Dacor oven
3/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the latch isn't going to the closed position, just unplug the oven or flip the breaker off to the oven for 60 seconds. Re-apply power and wiggle the door latch hook by hand in case it's sticking. The oven will try to move the latch the first 90 seconds power is re-applied. If that doesn't work, replace the latch assembly because it has failed I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The latch is in the closed position and I can’t get it to go in the open position

I understand, if it won't retract after flipping the breaker off and wiggling it, the latch would need to be replaced because it has failed.

The part number is ***** for your latch.

Ok

I'm sorry about the bad news today.