Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag 2000AYW washer combo washer and dryer and…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag 2000AYW washer combo washer and dryer and after I put it to work stops in minutes and I push the switch again and works and stops again . It rotates with no noise ,accepts water, and pumps it out too ok

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MLE2000AYW, probably10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The unit looks like new, the dryer works ok ,the lamp and the auto lock works ok. I received it from a relative and I dont know if it was working, anyway with it I received a motor ,and two electronics boards on a box along with the unit

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Ok so I`m assuming the issue is with the washer!

after it stops how to you get it to come back on ?

push the push button again
pleas hold for tomorrow And I will talk to you

Do you meant the push to start button

ok no problem !

tomorrow is Saturday !!

Hi Mr master Tech;
I received your request for more information of the machine problem
I need first to put it to work in various positions of the timer and to mark the
times and positions where it stops,in order to discuss with you correctly and
then you can diagnostic better.. I found inside; the instructions and
trouble shooting information,and I need to do some checks first
This machine was purchased used and dont know very well the functioning of it.Thank you, Rafael

No problem , go ahead and run it and then reply back when you need to .

ok
the machine was put work.
The situation is as follows; the machine is an electronic combo with a dryer on top not mechanical.
As I put to operate , I noticed that receives water and expel it ok ,the motor dos not move , No washing or spin going...the timer does not move .,it shuts down after a second or two, I push it again every time, and works one second and shuts . I read in the instructions that if the motor does not move it shuts, also if the timer stays in the same place it shuts too.
regardsrafael

have you verified that the belt on the washer is not broken ?

I will be checking the motor and belt by opening it in the back.I will be contacting you as soon I verify that .Thank you, Rafael

Ok no problem!