Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool refrigerator is not making ice. It was made…

Customer Question
My whirlpool refrigerator is...

My whirlpool refrigerator is not making ice

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was made June 1992 Model # is ED25DQXYN02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on what the problem entails

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, it was working properly but I noticed a different sound when the ice was dropping. I dumped all of the ice out because it was all frozen solid in one big chunk. I cleaned the gray out really well, but since then, it isn't makng ice. I hear the sound like it's trying. Could the line possibly be frozen? I've had this refrigerator since 1993 and never had any problem at all.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

On the icemaker is the metal bail arm down in the ON position?

And if you feel in the top of the icemaker do you feel any ice or water in the cube cavities ?