Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do i get the cover off the filter of my dishwasher? MOD…

Customer Question
How do i get...

How do i get the cover off the filter of my dishwasher?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

MOD GSD4020Z0588

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The filter cover has a small protuberance at the bottom but i cannot get it to move -- am assuming it is a lever to release cover but it won't

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There are two screws, see 833 at the link below. Once they come off, the 506 filter come off and you can get access to the secondary number 508 filter below it.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

The picture of the dishwasher with parts is not mine -- mine has only ONE filter -- not one on top of the other. NO
screws in it either

Is the model you posted correct as that is the exact model you provided?

I copied model # off the side of the door of the washer so i assume it is correct.

Yeah, that is odd. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Can you post a picture is inside of your dishwasher and I can get a look?