Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher model W10579097A. It won’t…

Customer Question
Good morning. I have...

Good morning. I have a KitchenAid dishwasher model W10579097A

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It won’t get past the first cycle. Seems like it stops after about 3-4 min

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is 2 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a reset I can do myself?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the dishwasher door the model /Serial tag is on the inner face frame of the tank .

And W10579097A is NOT a model number.

Hey woody, thx for the reply. Here is the model numberKDTE404DSPO

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Ok there is no Reset ,

After the unit fills with water does it do anything else?

I’m not sure what the first cycle is, it sounds like a rinse, then it stops. When I open the door it does not seem like it is full of water
I have tried several different cycles all with the same result. It runs for a few minutes and then stops/pauses. Then a couple lights blink. As if it is paused

ok when you turn the unit on and close the door it should fill for the first 2 minutes then the water circulation pump should come on and run for 12-15 minutes .

When it stopped filling and you open the door do you see standing water in the bottom sump area?

I will be home soon and I will try the process again so I can give you a more accurate description. Thanks for your reply

No problem ,

Just copy and past the questions URL address to your favorites and reply back when you can!