Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our KitchenAid fridge has an ice dispenser inside the left…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. Our...

Hi Pearl. Our KitchenAid fridge has an ice dispenser inside the left (freezer side) door. It (the ice dispenser) is supposed to come out if I push in a button and push up on the dispenser. I can't get it (the dispenser) to move. Any suggestions? Gord

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model number is ***** 10 years old I think (it was here when we bought the house).

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's not technical (I'm an economist!). On the other hand, tomorrow our son will be here and he does technical work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so...well maybe: my wife and I have removed the ice from the dispenser.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

The most common issue is some ice has melted and gotten down inside the ice container locking mechanism.

When this happens I use a hair dryer to melt the ice and the container comes right up and off the door .

Can you try this at this time ?

I can, Woody. I'll report back in what...maybe 20 minutes or so?
I won't need to be "talked thru" this, Woody. Gord

No problem Gord I know it will take time to defrost under the container ,just do not get that plastic too hot .

As stated in my first post ,If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

OK Woody, The ice dispenser is out, on the kitchen counter. Thanks for the help. Gord

no problem .

When you put it back just make sure it is good and dry up under the container , that way it should not freeze again RIGHT AWAY!

Good job!

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Please remember to rate me !