Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kitchen Aid French Door Refrigerator/Freezor with the…

Customer Question
My Kitchen Aid French...

My Kitchen Aid French Door Refrigerator/Freezor with the Freezor door on the bottom. The door is stuck and I cannot get it open.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # KFC522EVMS4

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well it's a holiday weekend and I have guests coming for Easter and no one is available to come out today.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think I specified that it is the freezor door

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

The most liley issue with the freezer drawer not being able to be pulled out is the defrost drain line opening being clogged so the defrost water spills over on to the freezer floor and the freezes the drawer closed , or something is blocking the drawer from being pulled out .

If it is the defrost water that is frozen ,the only way to get the drawer open is to turn the unit OFF for several hours until that ice has melted then the drawer should open easily .

And yes that means all the food in the freezer will defrost also , BUT as long as it does not get up to or over room temperature you can get the door open clean everything up and then refreeze the food with no issues.

If it is just something blocking the drawer you will have to FORCE the door open .

If you have any questions just reply back to me .