Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Dryer with the Check Lint Filter lite on. So…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Dryer with the Check Lint Filter lite on. So it will not start.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1 year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/30/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.

All I ask is that you rate my help as positive for JA before you log off using the Rating System with 3-5 Stars. If you should still need help , rating will lock you in at no additional cost should you need it.

Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.

Thanks

Normally the check lint filter will not cause the machine to stop, but I need you model number so I can look up the tech info.

Please check the label on the top of the console or around the door opening.

Thanks

Don

model number: med5500FW0
no I prefer messaging like this

Lets get the machine into test mode.

press these three button in sequence 1-2-3 3 times in a row

start on the top and go down.

If you do it right, you should get 88 on the display

next press the bottom button and write down any error codes you see like F3E1

Let me know what you get

click here for button to press

There is no panel to press that 1-2-3

do you have these buttons on the control

click here

No error code

Do you have a long vent attached to the dryer?

Normal length

Do you get any lights on OR is it just dead?

everything appears to be working but with the LINT SCREEN LITE on the dryer will not start

So, when you run the diagnostic test you get 88 on the display?

And when you press the last button you did in the sequence, you get nothing?

Can you set the cycle on the control?

nothing different no matter what I select

Looking at the wiring diagram, there is a thermal fuse in series with the motor that would cut the power to the motor in the event that the vent system would get clogged up.

The problem is, it is attached to the blower housing, down by the lint filter inside the dryer.

The only way to access it for testing is to remove the from the dryer.

Is this something you want to do?

Still here?