Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Wtw5000dw0 washing machine is not going past Sensing, 2

Customer Question
Wtw5000dw0 washing machine is...

Wtw5000dw0 washing machine is not going past Sensing

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Whirlpool. I'll try if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't get it to go into diagnosis mode

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, I’m ray and would be happy to help you. Have you tried unplugging the machine for about 10 minutes and then try it?
I did anything else to try?
Will it put water in the machine?
It won't go past " sensing" it won't drain and spin or do a load. It won't lock the lid either
I tried the diagnostic sequence from yuotube I found, won't go into diagnosis either
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Washet won't go past sensing mode, can't get it to go into diagnostic mode either or lock the lid.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

The tech sheet is attached to help you get it into the diagnostic mode. The video you watched may not be correct. Can you attempt it following the tech sheet instructions and let me know what happens, please?

That sheet helped, got into diagnosis. Mode with first 5 flashing green

Okay, good! Were you able to retrieve any error codes from the control memory?

No I only got into diagnostic once and can't get in again can't tell if I'm clicking the combination too slow or too fast. What to do after 5 LEDs flashing

It just means that the diagnostic cycle has started. See page 3 for instructions to retrieve the fault codes.