Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Sorry, keep hitting enter! Oven element not working, have…

Customer Question
Hello, Hello. Contractor's Assistant:...

Hello, Hello.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Sorry, keep hitting enter!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Oven element not working, have 240v to oven. oven element has continuity. element has 122v to it, the other leg is not present [for 240v].

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Yes, I am a retired electrical automation tech

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Oven is apart. i need a schematic, short of that, advice! in your intro you mentioned a power relay may be fried. the oven temperature selector may be bad, but i suspect it only carries control voltage, does not switch the actual current to oven element. it turns relays on and off. riight?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?