Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We used aluminum foil on the bottom of our new range and it…

Customer Question
We used aluminum foil...

We used aluminum foil on the bottom of our new range and it melted. There is about a 6"square of melted foil. How do we remove it?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today. It was the first time. We have not attempted to clean it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Unfortunately, the foil has undergone a chemical reaction and bonded to the oven floor. It will not likely come off. However, there is something you can try. I have not tried it first hand and so I can not recommend it but simply make you aware of the process. See the link below.

CLICK HERE.

The floor may be able to be replaced, too.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Do you have an answer to my question?

CLICK HERE.

Were you able to locate the model number?

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.