Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Do you carry appliances with horizontal style plugs? I'm…

Customer Question
Do you carry appliances...

Do you carry appliances with horizontal style plugs?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance in question?

I'm sorry, I don't have that. A stackable washing machine & dryer were given to my son. He is moving in to an apt. and thinks he should change the outlet in the apt. to accommodate this style of plug. I have never heard of this and am concerned he probably shouldn't do this! He thinks the model number is *****?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

He says the dryer has a standard plug, it's the washer that has this odd plug where instead of two vertical lines (holes) next to eachother, they are two HORIZONTAL lines next to each other.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

And yes, he is planning on doing this himself.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

The outlet that you describing horizontal slots / line is describing a range outlet .

If this is in an apartment I would have your Son contact the apartment Manager and have them change the outlet to the proper Dryer outlet .

Rather then your sone change the cord to match the outlet

can you give me the washer dryer combo model number?

And or send me a photo of the outlet in question ?

It is the washing machine that has this odd plug, the dryer has a standard plug.
And it is the OUTLET that he is wanting to change, not the plug on the appliance.
Does Bosch make any stackable washing machines that have this style plug?
I will ask my son for a picture of the outlet / plug

Is your Son in the U.S ?

The washer plug should be a standard 120 volts wall plug / outlet if the unit is an american made or in the U.S.