Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE profile refrigrator. GE PROFILE mode

Customer Question
We have a GE...

We have a GE profile refrigrator

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GE PROFILE mode ppfcf1rkza

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes ...lol well

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The lights do not turn on as if it has no power

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you have checked the wall plug that the fridge is plugged in at and it has the proper voltage then the main board has failed on the refrigerator and will need to be replaced. The replacement and instructions are listed below:

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: WR55X11098 - click here for part info at sears

Below is a video That shows how to replace the board, the refrigerator in the video is not your model ge refrigerator but the replacement procedure is the same because in this case the boards are the same:

click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.