Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an GNE21FMKAFES and my ice maker is not making ice…

Customer Question
I have an GNE21FMKAFES...

I have an GNE21FMKAFES and my ice maker is not making ice but running water down under freezer drawer!!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Make is GE modelGNE21FMKAFES and yes .I put a new water filter in thinking that was the problem,but still running water.Had to take out sheets of ice from bottom.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No it was running fine then this just started.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Just to be sure your saying that the icemaker is not cycling to make ice but you have water continually running from the ice maker and is dripping down into the ice cube storage container is that correct?