Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My front loader won't extract water on the maximum extract…

Customer Question
My front loader won't...

My front loader won't extract water on the maximum extract setting.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It started a couple of weeks ago. The clothes are soaking wet when done at that setting. It works OK on medium extract setting. We replaced the dampers, but that didn't fix the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

A friend who is good at fixing things will do it if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's a Maytag model #f MAH8700AWW

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Have you looked at the drain pump ?

And does the unit spin at all during the max extract spin mode?

We haven't looked at the drain pump, but it works OK on medium extract setting. It spins on max extract spin mode, but shuts itself down and stops spinning when it gets to a fast spin.

Ok so to be 100% when it get to the fast spin it does not spin but shuts off correct?

And I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.