Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a small leak of water under my double door Whirlpool…

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small leak of water under my double door Whirlpool refrigerator with a icemaker and water dispenser. There is no leak on the water line. Where else could I have a small sporadic leak come from?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sure. It is 5 years old. Model # G16SARXXFO6

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is simple.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that is everything. I pulled out the refrigerator from the wall and all the water lines and connections were dry and dusty.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Let`s open the freezer door do you see any ice on the interior freezer floor area?

No Sir

ok how often do you get this leak ?

And have you pulled the unit out away from the wall and removed the rear lower inspection cover to try and find where the leak is coming from yet?

Woody, the leak sporadic and I could see that the water lines and connections had not been leaking as they were dry and dusty. I did not remove the rear lower inspection cover but I shined a flashlight through the plate grill and the pan appeared to be dry. Is there a condensation overflow pan and where that I can check?

Yes the unit does have a condensation drain pan . it could be cracked or the pan moved a bit so that the drain water dripping is missing the pane .

It is best to see that from the rear with the inspection cover off .

OK, Woody. I will remove the inspection cover, I assume that is the one as you are facing the back of the refrigerator, is ar the lower left corner held in place by two screws? Once I remove the cover is the drain pan attached in any way or can I just slide it out?

remove the inspection cover it goes all the way across the rear of the refrigerator .

I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Woody, I going to do that but I just got a call to go and pick up my wife from the hair dresser. What am I look for once I remove the cover? May I contact you after I pick up my wife?

Just copy and past the questions URL address to your favorites and reply back when you can!

And just look for any place that you can see water or water dripping from .

look at the drain hose coming from the underside of the freezer area and the drip pan .

Thank You Woody.

Oh no problem at all!