Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I did a self clean feature on my Whirlpool Gold wall oven an…

Customer Question
I did a self...

I did a self clean feature on my Whirlpool Gold wall oven an now nothing will work. Message says feature not available. Same message on all features. Tried turning off the breaker and still not working. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model WOS92EC0AS01. Approx 5 yrs old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not. Just trying to decide if the work will be

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Expensive or should we replace

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Feature not available is a corruption issue with this oven. It thinks the oven is in the middle of self clean (even though it's not) so it won't allow you to use any function. Try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes or flip the breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes and that usually resets the problem. If not then the entire display control board would need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say. I still think it's worth fixing given it's only 5 years old, but it wouldn't be cheap to replace the display board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Any idea approximately how much it would cost to replace the display board

Ick, it's quite expensive on this model. The part number appears to be WPW10532437 and it's about $370. Also, one other thing I would try. Turn the breaker off fr 60 seconds. Flip it back on and open the oven door. Wiggle the door latch hook in case it's sticking. Close the door and then wait 2 minutes. Try the oven again. If it still don't work, replace the display board or replace the oven.

That didn’t work. Message now is Unlocking and a lock displayed on screen but oven isn’t locked. Then the message is fault detected press start to try again. When I press start it goes back to unlocking message.

OK got it, so this isn't a control board problem then. The oven just doesn't think the latch is in the correct position which is why it won't let you use any of the bake features. Keep messing around with the latch and see if you can get it to move over. Hold the door switch in and wiggle the latch after resetting power. If it doesn't work, the latch would need to be replaced. The part number is ***** and it's about $100.

I’ve messed with the locking mechanism and now EC0051 comes up on the display. Any ideas?

Still just another error with the latch. I would just order and replace the latch as it sounds like it's failed I'm sorry to say.