Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag BravosXL washing machine,works fine,but has…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag BravosXL washing machine,works fine,but has started making a very,Very,loud noise on the spin cycle. PLEASE HELP!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 5yrs old, mod.MVWB850YW0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly, I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why is it making that awful noise?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the noise is only during the spin cycle, it means that your main bearing and seal has failed. This is a very common and expensive issue to repair I'm sorry to say on this washer. Below is a video that shows you how to replace the bearing and seal for this unit. The video shows a Cabrio washer made by Whirlpool, but Whirlpool bought out Maytag in 2006 and now your BravosXL and the Cabrio are the same units and use the same parts. The parts are about $100 if you wanted to do it yourself. If you call a technician out to repair the washer, it'll be about $300 to replace the bearing for parts, trip, and labor.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

my washer has a ten year warranty on motor and basket. Does it cover this particular part or problem?

It does not I'm afraid. It covers the stator motor and the inner stainless steel basket if it cracks. Those items usually never fail just for reference.