Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool model# EL88TRRWS 01. How do I get the drain line…

Customer Question
Whirlpool model# ***** 01...
Whirlpool model# ***** 01. How do I get the drain line loose in the back? Where the Dom is wrapped around the hose do I just pull the hose out?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Where the gum is wrapped around the hose*
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

OK thanks. I can see all of the debris inside the hose but cannot get the hose loose.

The drain tube just has a compression fit you will just need to dig on the side of the old rubber tube and it will pop loose .

Let me see if I can find you either instructions or a video

Ok. I can’t get it to budge scared I’m going to break it

ok so your not replacing the drain tube .

In that case I just flush it out with a Turkey baster and HOT water .

Can’t get any air or water to go through. It looks like more rust old food etc. all in there. Smells like vomit
Trying to get drain tube loose where it goes into the cavity but cannot get it loose

have you tried pushing a wire thru it ? it should just go straight down so no elbows or anything to hang up on

hose bout 2.5 ft long wire catches rubber and bends. Tried from both ends.

do you have a shop vac?

ok the upper part of the tube coming out of the bottom of the freezer should be separate from the dirty clear hose , you should be able to pull the hose off the drain tube coming out of the bottom of the units floor panel

All fridge unit

same cabinet design as a freezer , just higher temperature.

in your photo you see the first 2-3 inched coming out from the bottom of the cabinet is much lighter in color then the clear /dirty drain tube , the drain tube should be able to be removed from the stub coming out of the bottom of the cabinet .

And if you do not have a shop vac do you have a air compressor or one of those air cans to clean off electronic equipment it may have enough pressure to clear the drain hose if you seal the top end with a damp cloth around the aid can spout tube .