Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I purchased a GE CGS 985setss range and am having a problem…

Customer Question
Hello- I purchased a...

Hello- I purchased a GE CGS 985setss range and am having a problem with the connection . The installation manual does not clearly show how to connect the power cord to the stove . Are you familiar with this range?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just bought the unit 1 week ago- new. The model is as I listed above CGS985SETSS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My contractor will help but he is also having issues with the connection. Do you have expertise in this?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just need to know where the connection on the back of the stove goes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
If possible I would like pictures
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Can you take a picture of the back of your oven and the power cord so I can then draw you a diagram on how to install it?

Where do you want me to send the pictures?

There is an attach file buttons above this text box you can use to attach the pictures.

OK so here is the problem. You have the wrong power cord. You need a 220 volt oven power cord, not a 110 volt cord. This is a dual fuel oven with electric oven and gas cooktop. You will need to go to the hardware store like Home Depot or Lowes and pick up a 3 prong or 4 prong cord (depending on the outlet on your house if it's a 3 prong or 4 prong oven outlet). If you only have a normal 110 plug on your house, return the oven because a dual fuel oven won't work on that plug---you'd need an all gas oven. If you have an oven 220v outlet on your house, then pick up the correct power cord and connect red to red, black to black, white to white, and green to the green bolt.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.