Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch dishwasher run until 1 minute left and then gets…

Customer Question
My Bosch dishwasher run until...
My Bosch dishwasher run until 1 minute left and then gets stuck…
I think it's about 8, possibly 9 years old.
Model: SHE43M05UC/50
FD8807Is there a diagnostic I can do myself to get more info? I have technicians quoting a wide range of costs. I would like to have as much info as I can on my own. Aren't there buttons I push on the DW that are supposed to troubleshoot?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this is a very common issue and it means that your control board inside the door has failed. There is a relay on the board that shorts out. This relay sends power to the heater, so when it fails the dishwasher doesn't wash well and it will run forever trying to heat the water which will never happen. That's why it counts down to 1 minutes and just sits there. If you were to start the dishwasher and let it run for 4 hours or so, you could open the door and see the water has cooled down and is no longer really hot if you wanted to confirm. Either way, below is a link to the control board in the upper right hand corner of the door you'll need to replace in order to fix the problem. The part costs about $100 + shipping.

CLICK HERE for control board

To access the control board, just open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the door except the 2 down by the bottom of the door hinge, just loosen those two. Once you have those out, remove the 2 coming in from the sides of the control panel (left and right). The control panel will then pull off and you can access the control board inside. Remove the control panel and there are 3 tabs on the bottom of the control board you need to depress. Push on the tabs and remove the control board, then switch over connections one at a time and you should be good to go again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.