Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Performance PAV1000AWW and it suddenly started…

We have a Performance...

We have a Performance PAV1000AWW and it suddenly started today knocking during the RINSE cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

*Performa

3/29/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does it make a knocking noise during spin?

No - just during Rinse
This is the first time it has occurred

OK can you set it top fill and see if it makes any noise when agitating?

With clothes in or not?

With some clothes in it.

Ok - will do. Hang on.

ok

No knocking on Permanent Press Wash cycle. Also no knocking on Regular Wash cycle.
No knocking on Rinse cycles now either. Magic! Call the doctor and the machine behaves - of course!
Is there something to look out for then!
Earlier, when it made the knocking sound, it was on the Rinse cycle of Regular.
it made the knocking sound for the entire Rinse cycle agitation

Yes normally that is the sign of the pin bad in the transmission, it will often start intermittently and then do it all the time and if that happens you will need a new transmission to fix. It is loud and knocks rapidly when that happens. I would not put a transmission into the unit for that problem due to the cost and labor.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Ok - thanks very much! We do have a friend who may be able to replace the transmission if needed - so it would just be the cost of the part. I really don’t want a new machine that uses the low water levels and ruins the clothes!
Will give you a great rating. Thx so much.
Gave you five stars

Thanks

Have a good night

You too

What would you recommend for a new washer that is NOT high efficiency/low water use?

The Speedqueen Top loader would be your best bet

Thank you so much! Really appreciate your advice :)

No problem at all.