Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

After my oven self cleaning routine E106 came up on the

Hi, after my oven...

Hi, after my oven self cleaning routine E106 came up on the display panel and I cannot get the oven to work. I tried resetting the clock and turning off the power at the wall but neither worked. Can you suggest something else I could try please. No technicians are available for 5 days - it is Easyet’

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes I turned it off over night

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

At the end of the self cleaning routine, when the oven had cooled down I had to unlock the oven with a knife. This is a process told me by a Bosch technician a few years ago because the lock has always malfunctioned. The knife trick has always worked successfully in the past and E106 has not come up before.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

E106 means your door latch isn't working properly. Try to unplug the oven or flip the breaker off to the oven. Open the oven door and then flip the breaker back on. Push in on the door switch to make the oven think the door is closed. Wiggle the door latch hook and then close the door. See if the latch will rotate and trigger the switch on the latch properly. If not then the door latch will need to be replaced because it has failed.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thankyou - I followed your instructions and it worked �� very pleased