Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag Gas Dryer will not run but it still turns on, what…

My Maytag Gas Dryer...

My Maytag Gas Dryer will not run but it still turns on, what do I need to do. We do not have Maytag Technicians here since we are in the Pacific Islands so I need some guidance.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it in the military base in 2013 and I have the brochure but not sure where to find the exact model.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe it just requires getting a parts and knowing what to replace

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The troubleshooting in the brochure did not include the problem we have. Everything seems to work except it gets stuck on the sensor monitor and the timing will lower even though the dryer is not working

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

May I ask that you provide me the correct model and serial number off the label on your machine? On refrigerators look on the wall in the food section. On ranges look down by the drawer by the leg.

On washer and dryers look by the door opening.

Thanks

Don

When you say it is running, can you be more specific?

Is the fan running but the drum is not turning? Or something else.

The power turns on and the sensor light is on but the drum will not run.
The Dyer is 2000 Seris Model MGDE201YW0 Ser. # M12602184 Type BHZ-NAT(###) ###-####EL20

Give me a couple of minutes to look at the tech docs on this dryer and I will give you a call

Don

What is you first name?

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Phone call session started
Waiting for phone call?
Joseph or Frank will talk to you.

the call went through but no one is answering

i try calling (###) ###-####but am getting a fast busy

You have to dial*********** Try again.
It should ring. We are waiting for the call. Do you want me to call you instead?
You have to dial 1, it is calling out of state from where you are.
I am following up on my Maytag Gas Dryer issue that was started yesterday
I am following up with the diagnostic help that we started yesterday with a technician.

Please call *********

How long do I have to wait?
You may get me the first available technician pleas
Still waiting!
Can I signed off and start all over again- yesterday was faster and I cannot wait all day facing the computer