Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE double oven is showing a F97 error. It will allow

My GE double oven...

My GE double oven is showing a F97 error

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It will allow settings like broil then when i our it on it takes a few seconds then shows red F97 error

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if I can either re set the appliance or if its a minor repair

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The double oven is a GE purchased approx 1 year ago from BEST BUY or LOWES

3/29/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F97 is probably the most common error I see GE double ovens get. It means that the lower oven cooling fan isn't running up to speed. These fans have sensors on them now so they stop the oven from working even if the fan is running if it has slowed down. Either way, you'll need to have the lower oven cooling fan replaced to resolve the issue. Since the unit is about 1 year old, call warranty at 1.***-***-**** and it should still be under warranty and if so they'll replace the fan motor at no charge.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

should I wait to see if it in fact is under warranty before i rate your answer ? What if the number you gave me does not result in a fix of my problem ?

Well obviously I can't control whether it's in warranty or not. What I have told you is 100% accurate as to your problem and what needs to be done to fix it---that is what you are rating me on. If it's less than a year old, then yes it's definitely under warranty. If you're over a year old, you'll have to talk to GE and see if they will still fix it---that is on you. If they don't fix it, then you'd have to either uninstall the oven and replace the fan motor yourself or call a technician to replace the part for you. None of which really should affect my rating since I have no control over any of that.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
You are 100 % correct.

I'm still here if you need me so let me know if you need anything else.