Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can’t get the pulsator off from my top loader Whirlpool…

Customer Question
I can’t get the...

I can’t get the pulsator off from my top loader Whirlpool model wtw8040dw0, i removed the bolt and have used flat head screwdriver to try and pry it up. I also ran a string under the pulsator to try and pull it up, but it’s not budging.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2 year old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Whirlpool model WTW8040dw0

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The washer is leaving black tar on some clothes, i had a repair guy come out but he couldn’t get the pulsator bolt lose so he left. But i showed him the black tar marks and he said it’s definitely not transmission fluid and thinks maybe there’s something under the pulsator. So i just want to get it off to look

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Why was i just charged $23 ontop of the $5 that i agreed too?

I am only a contract technician for JA and don't control the billing.

I think you are not charged unless I can answer you question to your satisfaction.

Would you like to continue?

Hello?

Did you get my response?

What’s the number to billing?