Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Samsung refrigerator will not quit beeping and it shows…

My Samsung refrigerator will...

My Samsung refrigerator will not quit beeping and it shows 12 degrees for freezer drawer and it set at 2 .I turned the button of ice to off is that only for it to make ice

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe 5 years and the model # is RF266AEPN

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

After turning the machine off and restarting it and clearing all the ice.. there was access ice at the bottom of freezer.. now temp is 8 degrees and refrigerator is 41 degrees

3/29/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You will have to completely defrost the unit the water and ice build up in the bottom of the freezer is causing the issue. Remove the items from the unit and defrost the whole unit by unpluggin it and opening the doors. You can run a space heater blowing into the unit for 3-4 hours top make sure it is all defrosted them start it up and everything should work again.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Phone call session started
Still haven’t received a phone call.
Will it be much longer... they said a few minutes..