Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher had quite a bit of water that didn't drain…

My dishwasher had quite...

My dishwasher had quite a bit of water that didn't drain after the wash cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Bosch shx46a05uc/30. And no, don't know how to run a diagnostic test cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I could

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was reading another persons issue about the washer running for a long time, what is the normal time for a regular was cycle?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok

So first, a normal cycle is about two and a half hours. As for your dishwasher not draining, turn the power onto your dishwasher then press and hold the 2nd and 4th button on the right side of your control panel together for 2 seconds. The clean/complete light should turn on. Close the door and does the water drain out?

I removed all the water already
my dishwasher runs a lot longer that 2 1/2 hours

Can you please try what I asked you to do? I still need you to try so I can determine what is wrong. If you emptied the water out, you need to add water back in, enough to know if it drains when you do what I said.

I did what you said and it drained.

OK perfect, thank you.

Anything else?

OK so that all adds up. The dishwasher is taking longer and longer because the water isn't heating up which stops the dishwasher from draining at the end of the cycle. This is probably the most common issue Bosch dishwashers get, but the downside is that it requires the replacement of your main control board to resolve it. The relay on the main board in the upper right corner of the dishwasher fails to send power to the heater so the board needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and it costs about $150 or so.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The dishwasher is about 15 years old. Do you think it's work fixing or would it be better to replace at this point?

I do actually. This is about the only part I see fail on this dishwasher. If you can replace the part yourself, I think it's definitely worth sticking $150 to repair the dishwasher.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Great, thank you so much!

No problem and good luck!