Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My new dish washer start light is blinking and dish washer…

Customer Question
My new dish washer...

My new dish washer start light is blinking and dish washer won’t work . Started it last night and never ran still has water in bottom of it.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Ge m# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I’m a hvac tech

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This happened once before then I got it to work . When I push start button and hold it won’t drain.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Is the start light blinking constantly no matter what? Is there any way to get the start light to stop blinking?

if I hold it for 3 seconds it goes out

OK perfect. And what causes it to come back on?

When I push start button again to start it will flash and start beeping

Got it, thank you.

The start light flashing on this unit means that the dishwasher thinks there was a power outage. You should just need to press and hold the start button for 3 seconds like you've been doing to reset the error, but the fact that it keeps coming back when you start a new cycle means that you have a bad control board. The part number you'd need to order and replace is WD21X23712 and it's located behind the kick panel below the dishwasher's door. Below is a link to the part for about $55 as well as a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for part

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

It’s only 1 month old this sucks ! Thanks

ick, yes. It's still under warranty thankfully if it's only 1 month old. Call 1.***-***-**** and they will send a service person out to fix your dishwasher at no charge.